Root Canal Therapy
Root Canal Therapy by your North York Dentist!
Root canal therapy is vital to save your infected tooth. When the pulp of the tooth has become infected or inflamed, it is sometimes necessary to remove the diseased portion to stop the spread of decay. While the term “root canal” is commonly perceived as painful, it is typically no more painful than a normal tooth drilling and filling procedure. If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, then you’re likely in need of root canal treatment:
- Acute and intense toothache
- Darkening of the tooth
- Sharp pain when biting down
- Lingering pain after eating hot or cold foods
- Dull ache and pressure
- Pain, tenderness or swelling in the nearby gums
- Recurrent or persistent pimple on the nearby gums
The Root Canal Treatment Process by your North York Dentist!
- Use oral sedation is usually to bring patient to a comfortable, relaxed and pain-free state
- Make an opening into the chewing surface of the tooth
- Remove the infected pulp
- Clean the inside of the tooth thoroughly to make sure no sign of the infection is left
- Fill and seal the pulp chamber
- Attach dental crow to restore the tooth’s shape and function.
Learn more about root canal treatment.